Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - 1/26 thru 2/1



I have been meal planning in one form or another for quite a few years.  I’ve learned that when I don’t plan, I aimlessly wander the grocery store deciding what to buy, and we order-in or pick-up a lot more food because “We don’t have anything for dinner”.   But I already feel like I don’t have enough time, and I don’t want to waste time I don’t have at the grocery store!  And most of time, I prefer to my spend money on things other than mediocre restaurant carry-out. 

Basically, meal planning saves time and money!  What more could you ask for?

I hope to go further into how I do meal planning in future posts, but for now, I’ll just share what we’ll be eating this week.

DINNERS
Saturday - Celebrating NerdDad’s promotion with a carry-out steak dinner**
Sunday - Chicken Curry {adapted for crock-pot} and Rice
Monday - {Frozen} Fish sandwiches, Fries, and Veggie
Tuesday - Spaghetti and Salad
Wednesday - Chicken Enchiladas {new} and Salad
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Pizza Sandwiches
Saturday - Fancy work party, just simple dinner for Kat & Grandma

LUNCH

BREAKFAST
Spinach & Bacon Egg Burritos

SWEET


 ** Despite my above-mentioned opinion on carry-out, steak house carry-out is an exception and is awesome!  1. We didn’t have to spend a meal keeping our two munchkins under control at a white-tablecloth restaurant.  And 2. We didn’t have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for a babysitter!  Instead we got to relax in our own living room, eat delicious steak (I still haven't mastered steak), and celebrate!

What are you eating this week?
_______________________________________________
The post is linked at OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment