Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm baa-aack!

After a month-long hiatus, I'm back! It turns out that working a full-time job and being present (mentally and physically) for all the mommy/wifey stuff doesn't leave a whole lotta time to write a blog.  Who would've guessed!?!

Actually, I did guess.  Especially not enough time for the type of blog that I thought I was trying to write.  You know the kind - the ones with all the pretty pictures of food and crafts.  The kind that get pinned on Pinterest.  The ones with step-by-step photos and 14 pictures of the same cookie. Now, don't get me wrong!  I love reading that kind of blog.  I frequently use them for inspiration and ideas.  But, this is not ever going to be that kind of blog...

For starters, I don't have that kind of time.  If I spent as much time as needed taking pictures of cookies and posting about baking cookies, then I probably wouldn't have time to ACTUALLY bake the cookies.

And after reading this totally down-to-earth post from Okay BA! and thinking about it for about a week, I realized that a pretty blog is actually the opposite of what I want my blog to be.  (And the great thing about having a blog is I get to decide what I want my blog to be!)  I want to share real life - balancing two kids and a husband and a job and all the fun stuff!  And for me, real life doesn't include DSLR photos of my latest creation or the patience to explain every step of a recipe to folks in internetland.  For me, real life includes photos taken on my iPhone and a messy house in the background.  Real life means letting Kat help me cook and not having the time or energy to actually measure ingredients.   Real life is mostly spent living, and documenting real life is secondary.

And realizing all this removes a lot of pressure.  My goal isn't to gain hundreds of readers (but that would still be awesome).  I just want to share what I'm doing.  So expect more posts - honest, real life, messy posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment