Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - 2/16 thru 2/23

 

In January, I discovered the yumminess that is Baked Oatmeal.  It's like a healthy dessert for breakfast.  It satisfies my desire for something warm as well as my perpetual craving for cereal with milk.  And the recipe is easily adaptable to stave off boredom.  I've made several versions already: Zucchini Bread, Gingerbread, Blueberries and Cream, Carrot Cake.  I couldn't find a good Carrot Cake version that included everything that I wanted, so I made on up;  I hope to post the recipe soon.

Here's what else we'll be eating this week...

DINNERS
Saturday -Valentine's Date Night In from Columbus Fish Market, Chef Boyardee for Kat *
Sunday - Mustardy Pork with Apples and Onions from Dinner a Love Story {new}
Monday - Chicken Enchiladas {new} and Salad **
Tuesday - Spaghetti and Salad
Wednesday - Orange Chicken, Rice and Asian Veggies
Thursday - Pigs-in-a-Blanket ***
Friday - BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizzas
Saturday - Cajun-spiced Tilapia, Jambalya Rice, Zucchini

LUNCH
??? - Buffalo Chicken from the deli for NerdDad, Leftovers for me

BREAKFAST
Carrot and Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal

SWEET
??? - Whoopie Pies from Food Network {new}

* NerdDad and I decided to do a Date Night In for Valentine's Day, since finding a sitter we trust with our kids is a bit challenging right now.  Kat had canned pasta (while I try to avoid these, I figure a splurge every now and then is fine).  And we all shared some corn chips and guacamole (from Trader Joe's - best guac!), as sort of an appetizer since Date Night didn't start until after bedtime.

** This made the last menu, but we were busy and it got put off until this week.

*** Mom has to work late, so this is an easy dinner for NerdDad and Kat. 

____________________________________________
This post is linked at OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment