Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - 2/23 thru 3/2



Our meal planning is a constant work in progress!  I love eating a variety of things and trying new recipes.  But for ease of planning, I have instituted a loose structure to our meal planning....
  • Meals that take a long time to prepare or are very hands-on are limited to weekends
  • Monday is "sandwich" night, something super easy to prepare to start our cooking week off on the right foot.  "Sandwich" can be anything from grilled cheese, to hamburgers, to quesadillas; virtually anything that meets the premade bread/carb base with meat/veggie filler/toppings.
  • Tuesday OR Wednesday is pasta night.  The other is whatever strikes my fancy.
  • Thursday night is leftover night; I try to get as much out of the fridge as I can before the weekend (and grocery shopping).
  •  Friday night is pizza night.  NerdDad suggested that we start this tradition.  And I love it for so many reasons.
 I will share more of my meal planning strategies next week.  But for starters, anything that doesn't get made gets pushed to the next week... see BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizzas and Cajun-spiced Tilapia below...

DINNERS
Saturday - Ordering Pizza at Grandma's house with out-of-town visitors
Sunday - Cajun-spiced Tilapia, Jambalya Rice, Zucchini
Monday - BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizzas
Tuesday - Hard-shell Beef Tacos and Black Beans, with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese {taco seasoning recipe}*
Wednesday -BLT Pasta {Recipe #18 here}{new}
Thursday -Leftovers
Friday - Pepperoni and Green Pepper Personal Pizzas
Saturday - Pigs-in-a-Blanket **

LUNCH
Leftovers (still a bunch from last week)

BREAKFAST
Carrot and Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal (leftovers from last week)

SWEET
Cupcakes ***

* In an effort to eat slightly less meat, I've convinced my family to mix a can of black beans with our taco meat.  Kat loves it; she's a bean fanatic.  NerdDad has grown to appreciate it.

** NerdDad will be out, so it'll just be me and Kat for dinner.  And Kat is an expert at making Pigs-in-a-Blanket!

*** From a box, because I'm willing to make a few compromises to save some time.

 ____________________________________________
This post is linked at OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment